Jacina's interests as a consultant include the development of contemporary and experimental pedagogies, hands-on community engagement and public discourse, and working with people and ideas at the intersection of art, science, technology and society.
Her extensive experience in various cultural, university, and hybrid digital environments has provided diverse platforms for her to vision, develop, and deliver a broad range of inter and trans-disciplinary projects, for babies and toddlers, children and families, school and university students, emerging and established professionals, educators and academics.
She has collaborated (and brokered partnerships) with local, national, and international stakeholders including Ars Electronica, University of Tasmania | Creative Exchange Institute, Brisbane City Council Libraries, LEGO Education, Queensland Museum, Department of Education and Training, Asia Pacific Design Library, State Library of Queensland | The Edge, and worked with practitioners who identify as artists, educators, creative technologists, designers, performers, artificial intelligent developers, roboticists, molecular scientists, bio-hackers, and hybrid versions thereof.
Her practice is informed by a highly collaborative, networked, and site-responsive process, and as a freelance consultant is available for the following services.
- Project-based, cross-curricula workshop development (including use of digital technologies such as littleBits, LEGO robotics, Sphero, Bare Conductive Touchboard, MaKey MaKey);
- Educator and facilitator professional development and training (in the creative use and application of digital technologies (as above), and project-based and cross-curricula learning);
- Audience engagement (research and strategy development);
- Interdisciplinary cultural and curatorial programming (research and strategy development, delivery);
- Project management (including public events, public and education programs, symposia);
- Public speaking engagements (on the topics of STEAM, Art/Science/Tech, Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Learning and Engagement, Public Programming in Informal Cultural and Learning Environments, Digital Technologies as Tools For Learning With).
To discuss your project, email email@example.com